1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you provide to us when you register for an account on the Service, express an interest in obtaining information about Chalkboard or our Service, when you use the Service, or otherwise when you contact us. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- your name
- user name
- phone number
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Service. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, information about how and when you use our Service and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Service, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. The information we collect in this manner includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
If you use our App, we also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our App, to provide certain location- based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and system configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser type and version, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server). If you are using our App, we may also collect information about the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID and information about the features of our App you accessed.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our App, for troubleshooting and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
2. WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process order you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Service, and provide you with services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your transactions using the Service;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our Service, offers, and promotions;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the Service we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Service and transactions conducted using the Service;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms of Service [INSERT HYPERLINK] and other agreements; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service [INSERT HYPERLINK] and other agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Chalkboard, users of our Service and/or others; and
- With your consent.
4. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
We use various third-party service providers to assist us in maintaining and providing the Service. For example, our Site is hosted on the Google Cloud Platform, and they provide us with the online e- commerce platform that allows us to provide the Service to you. In general, the third-party providers we use will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
5. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
6. COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
When you use the Service, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and related technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Service.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Service within a secure environment.
9. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at info@Chalkboard.io.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you would like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, at any time you may:
- Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Access your account settings and update your preferences.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at info@Chalkboard.io.
11. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
15. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please visit: Chalkboard.io. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
12. DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The following additional disclosures apply to California residents (“consumers”) in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Information We Collect:
We have collected the following categories of personal information from our consumers within the last 12 months for the business or commercial purposes described below:
|Description||Examples||Source||Primary Business or Commercial Purposes for Collection|
In addition to the primary business or commercial purposes set forth above, we also collect the above information for the reasons set forth in Section 2 above.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
We may disclose personal information to third parties in accordance with Section 3, above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California customer records.
- Commercial information.
- Internet activity.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold personal information.
Rights and Choices of California Residents
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes the rights of California residents under the CCPA, and explains how to exercise those rights.
A. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
California residents have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. You may request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights) the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you, subject to certain limitations.
- The personal information categories that have been disclosed or sold along with the categories of recipients for such disclosures or sales.
B. Deletion Rights
California residents have the right to request that we delete any of their personal information that we collected from California residents and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm a California resident’s verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) his/her personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Emailing us at info@Chalkboard.io; or
- Submitting a request by mail to: Taild Sports, Inc. dba Chalkboard 1940 Vallejo Street San Francisco California 94123
Attn: Ted Mauze Only California residents, or someone legally authorized to act on their behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to a California resident’s personal information. A California resident may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of his/her minor child. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that the California resident is the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe the request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide a California resident with personal information if we cannot verify his/her identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to that California resident. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require a California resident to create an account with us, but we may require authentication of the consumer that is reasonable in light of the nature of the personal information requested. Response Timing and Format We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (for a maximum total of 90 days), we will notify the California resident. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of a verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide the California resident personal information that is readily useable and should allow him/her to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to a California resident’s verifiable consumer request unless the request is excessive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell the California resident why we made that decision and provide him/her with a cost estimate before completing the request. Alternatively, we may decline to respond to the request and notify the California resident of our reason for doing so.
We will not discriminate against a California resident for exercising any of his/her CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny a California resident goods or services.
- Charge a California resident different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Provide a California resident a different level or quality of goods or services, including denial of goods or services.
- Suggest that a California resident may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. Other California Privacy Rights California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information set forth above (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights). If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with a Service, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Service. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Service, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
14. CONTACT US
Taild Sports, Inc. dba Chalkboard 1940 Vallejo Street San Francisco
California 94123 Attn: Privacy